[Tinhat] Tin Hat 20090309 released

basile basile at opensource.dyc.edu
Tue Mar 10 10:10:49 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

A new release of Tin Hat is out for both i686 and amd64.  This is primarily a maintenance release addressing approximately 90 updates and syncing upstream with hardened Gentoo. Some minor bugfixes to the desktop were made.  The kernel for amd64 was upgraded to 2.6.26-hardened-r9 but the i686 was held back at 2.6.25-hardened-r13 due to issues with 2.6.26 and 2.6.27.  We did not want to wait for those issues to be resolved because the packages were falling behind Gentoo and we did not want to introduce too many security issues.

--

Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Chair of Information Technology

(716) 829-8197